Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"K"

First off, my sister was gracious enough to comment on my post Premeditated Naming, so if you're interested in hearing how she ended up choosing a name, check out the comments.

Today: the gender is female and the letter is K. And C. and Q. Really anything that makes a "k" sound. Here are a few of my favorite "k" names for girls:

- Cora/Coral and many of its variations (I know a "Corabelle" and a "Coralee" and think they're so lovely)
- Kate (a true classic)
- Quinn (unique but simple and feminine)
- Kayla/Kaylee (they're too common for today, but maybe in a decade or two...they're such sweet names)
- Callie (I just love this name, and I really can't put my reasoning into words. It's just a terrific name!)
- Kendra (I've gotten flak for liking this name, which some classify as either "gangster" or "loose," but I stand by my longtime love of the name anyway )

I favor well-established "k" names, especially since there are so many made up ones these days. What are some of your favorite female "k" names?

2 comments:

  1. Kale'a and Caleb, of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora is a girls' name I've always loved. It sounds round and lovable and vintage. :-)

    ReplyDelete