Friday, January 6, 2012

I'm Back!

Baby Sebastian is now almost 11 weeks old. I've found that it takes about that long before I can bring myself to even just think about baby names. Now the thought of having another baby to name in the future is not so horrific, and I can glory in names once again.

With that, I have a new name obsession. Verity. I can't stop thinking about it, and even saying it (under my breath, which is weirding out my husband). Verity. It was love at first sight. Immediately after seeing the name (which I correctly figured meas "truth,"), I did some research as to its history and popularity. It's old. And not popular. It's considered puritanical, and is a fabulous alternative to more conventional virtue names. I'd probably call her "V" or "Veri" for short, but despite my rampant nicknaming, I can't imagine shortening such a lovely name all that often. In addition, "Verity" goes really well with "Aurora" and "Sebastian-" all 3-syllable classic but uncommon names.

Now I want another baby girl...better go change a diaper to squelch that sentiment!

2 comments:

  1. I'd steal that name if- Jordan didn't hate it, - and assuming #2 is a girl! Probably better for our friendship that both circumstances arose! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did mention that name to Caleb several months ago. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete